Other facts in no particular order of importance:
- I was born and raised in Siberia, so I am adapted to the range of temperatures from -40 C to +35 C.
- I was a pitcher on CERGE-EI “Invisible Hands” softball team. During my studies, we never made it even to the semi-finals.
- I enjoy climbing and mountaineering. I was on expeditions in the Alps, Tatra, Pamir-Alay, Tian Shan, Sayan, and the Caucasus mountains. Approximately a quarter of my ascents were not successful.
- In 2008-2013, I played in a classical guitar orchestra and performed in student theater. Later, I did not pass the entrance exams at the Theater Institute.
- In 2011-2012, I worked as an interpreter for the nonprofit environmental organization “The Great Baikal Trail”. The GBT builds hiking trails around Lake Baikal (if you have time and like eco-tourism seriously consider experiencing it). I worked on a project exploring the route in Dzherginsky Nature Reserve and on another one that sought to relocate the old watermill from the forest to the Lake Baikal shore.
- In 2008-2013, I had several internships in various public nonprofit organizations. I was also a volunteer and worked with kids. This experience included me being a clown and teaching animation, among other things.
- In 2011, I was invited to the University MMA team. I also played tennis for a year, but now I have no idea how to do it. I play volleyball and basketball though.